Free three month job posting trial for Colorado companies!
New Job Postings...
NGS Applications Specialist @ DNA Technologies
Senior R&D Scientist @ Cody Laboratories
Principal Project Engineer @ Cody Laboratories
- Senior Specialist, Pharmacovigilance Aptevo Therapeutics Inc (WA)
- Vice President, Scientific Computing Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Scientist, Analytical Development ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
- Manager, Microbiology, Quality Control ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
- Scientist, Analytical Development ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
- Associate Director, Quality Control ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
- Manager, Clinical Data Management Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Scientist/Engineer 1-2, Purification Just Biotherapeutics, Inc. (WA)
- Field Clinical Research Associate Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- Research Associate, Cell Culture Development Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
| About Job Postings...
Learn about Icogenex Biotech Incubator Space Available for Lease
Full service laboratory and office incubator space is available for sublease in the Seattle
Fremont neighborhood. Ideal for small biotech companies or startups, individual lab benches and
secure office space may be rented with short- or long-term lease options.
Laboratory lease terms include the use of basic molecular and cell biology laboratory equipment,
as well as glass wash and janitorial services.
Located within a ten minute drive of the University of Washington, Institute for Systems Biology,
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, PATH, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and others.
September is National Sickle Cell Month.
Sickle cell disease (SCD) affects people of many racial and ethnic groups. In the U.S., 90,000 to 100,000
people, mainly Blacks or African Americans have SCD. The disease occurs among about 1 of every 500 Black or
African-American births and among about 1 out of every 36,000 Hispanic-American births.
SCD can be a life-threatening condition and social, economic, cultural, and geographical barriers often
limit access to comprehensive care. Advances in patient advocacy preventative screenings, as well as
access to resources, have increased the quality of life and life expectancy of people with SCD.More...
LifeScience Moment: Ether was first used as a surgical anesthetic."
On September 30, 1846, ether was first used as a surgical inhalation anesthetic by William Morton to extract a tooth from merchant Eben Frost
at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Crawford Long, an American physician and pharmacist in Jefferson, Georgia, used ether for the first time on March 30, 1842 to
remove a tumor from the neck of James M. Venable. Long subsequently removed a second tumor from Venable, and later used ether as
an anesthetic in amputations and childbirth. The results of these trials were published in 1848 in The Southern Medical and Surgical Journal.
Life Science Evolution...
It's a Small World
"No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious."
George Bernard Shaw, Irish dramatist